New release: Europe PMC Web Services 6.3
Today Europe PMC released Web Services version 6.3, updating its SOAP and RESTful APIs. Programmatic users can now find more fields available in the core response of these services
Multiple author affiliations
In the previous version, author affiliations were a single value. The new version 6.3 includes a list of multiple affiliations.
<authorList> <author> <fullName>Wei W</fullName> <firstName>Wei</firstName> <lastName>Wei</lastName> <initials>W</initials> <authorAffiliationsList> <authorAffiliation> Department of Orthopaedics, The 1st Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China. </authorAffiliation> <authorAffiliation> Department of Orthopaedics, Harbin 242 Hospital, Harbin, China. </authorAffiliation> </authorAffiliationsList> </author> </authorList>
Articles now also contain data links tags, which can be used to retrieve data links using a tag parameter.
<dataLinksTagsList> <dataLinkstag>altmetrics</dataLinkstag> <dataLinkstag>supporting_data</dataLinkstag> </dataLinksTagsList>
Check the Articles RESTful API page to find more information on Europe PMC data links.
Retrieving the status of the article is now also possible. The new field ‘Publication status’ indicates, for example, if a given article is published or ahead of print.
The possible values for publication status are:
- date manuscript received for review
- accepted for publication
- published electronically by publisher
- published in print by publisher
- article revised by publisher/author
- article first appeared in PubMed Central
- article revision in PubMed Central
- article citation first appeared in PubMed
- article citation revision in PubMed
- epublish, but will be followed by print
- date into PreMedline status
- date made a MEDLINE record